July 16, 2007

Lime & Basil Tilapia

Mmmmm. This was so great. A wonderful light grilling dish. Mr.S made this for me last night. It was wonderful. Believe me, thinking about him making this 1 year ago sounds far fetched. I'll let him talk about it and not ruin it, but I will post the recipe in the meantime. It has bourbon in the marinade...granted Mr.S accidentally put in 2tbs instead of 2tsp. :) I actually think that made it even better..delicious.
I wish I could have it for lunch today, I feel like I can smell it right now.

Ingredients
4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound)
4 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
zest of 2 limes
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
2 teaspoons bourbon
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients except for the tilapia fillets in a resealable plastic bag. Turn to mix and add tilapia fillets. Seal and refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Pour marinade into a saucepan.

Bring marinade to a low boil and remove from heat. Grill tilapia fillets for about 3 minutes per side over a high heat. When fish turns opaque remove from grill and serve with a few spoonfuls of marinade drizzled over top.

No comments: