July 12, 2007

Mailed Goodness



I am thinking of sending a great foodie friend a pie from her favorite bakery in NY, Babycakes. Its vegan and their frosting is so perfectly sweetened creamy good. She just moved back to Michigan from there and I know she missing NY immensly. Being vegan is tough, but being vegan in northern michigan is worse.

Every place that I have lived in always has little foodie stores that are special only to those places. Here is a few that are my favorites that have mail-order! yeay!

BabyCakes, New York:
Their Red Velvet Cupcake is amazing.
Apple Pie that is wheat, dairy, soy, egg, sugar free!
I don't know how they do it. $30

CowChip Cookies, Seattle:
Get a Custom Box with at least one of every flavor.
My favorites are the Lemon, Snickerdoodle and of course
the classic chocolate chip. $30

Garrett's Popcorn, Chicago:
Many of times have a snuck (is that how its spelled) sneaked?
Either way I have taken the Cheese/Caramel popcorn
mix into movie theatres on several occasion. It's cheaper
and takes sooo much better. Well cheaper if you get it in Chicago.
$50 / 2 gallons

No comments: